• 4 Replies

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
Marble Sealer Discusion
« on: June 19, 2012, 12:05:42 PM »
Please feel free to discuss anything related to marble sealer protection.

des

Re: Marble Sealer Discusion
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 02:01:17 PM »
Hi,

I was after a sealer for marble pool coping and marble surrounds (about 45 sq/m) on a new concrete saltwater pool in Brisbane, QLD.

I was interested in the "Natural Stone Enhancer 1:1" for a more wet look as the marble looks a bit dull (being unpolished). Would this be suitable or would you recommend the "Marble Sealer Premium - Solvent Based" or even the "Natural Stone Enhancer X2"?

Thanks in advance

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:37:45 PM »
Hi Des,
apologies for the delay...If wishing to enhance your pool coping then definitely our Enhancer 1:1 or X2 would be the way to go.
Our Marble Sealer Premium while presenting exceptional protective qualities is a "natural look" so will do little in the way of enhancement as it is almost completely invisible!
This then leads to deciding between Enhancer 1:1 or X2. If wishing for moderate enhancement while being DIY friendly to apply then we would advise 1:1. X2 on the other hand is a full concentrate product to really make natural stone "pop"! The downside to X2 is it is less forgiving to over application so any residue on the surface must be attended to!
Hope this helps!

des

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 10:39:09 AM »
Hi Tex,

Thanks for the reply, sorry just 2 more questions:

Can I achieve the same colour "enchancement" as the X2 by applying multiple coats of the 1:1? As this is a DIY job I am worried about using the highly concentrated X2 version as I would be using a sprayer to apply.

Also, are both the X2 and 1:1 stone enhancers suitable for use on a black quartz stackstone feature wall along the pool (3.2 sq/m)?

Thanks in advance
Des
Des

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 11:05:07 AM »
Can I achieve the same colour "enchancement" as the X2 by applying multiple coats of the 1:1? As this is a DIY job I am worried about using the highly concentrated X2 version as I would be using a sprayer to apply.
You would be able to eventually achieve the same level of intensity as X2, though how many coats required would vary from substrate to substrate.

Also, are both the X2 and 1:1 stone enhancers suitable for use on a black quartz stackstone feature wall along the pool (3.2 sq/m)?
Yes, I would change application methods here and either use a polish applicator or rag to avoid dripping. Start application from the bottom, moving upwards to avoid uneven coverage.