Limestone Sealant

• 1 Replies

John

Limestone Sealant
« on: February 19, 2014, 07:38:28 AM »
Hi, I am trying to seal my limestone coping and deck around my chlorinated pool. I have several questions;
1. Is there a film sealant that you offer I can use, and will power washing the deck to remove dirt and oak pollen ruin or reduce the effectiveness of the sealant?
2. If I go with a penetrating sealant, will power washing the deck to remove dirt and oak pollen ruin or reduce the effectiveness of the sealant?

3. Will the answer to #2 be different if I go with a Deluxe vs Premium sealant?

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
Re: Limestone Sealant
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 10:48:24 AM »
Hi John,
1. Is there a film based sealer you offer that will work with Limestone?
Yes, please see the first bucket here:
http://cswcoatings.com/premium-architectural-grade-limestone-sealer-protection-products/
though not advisable as any natural stones first priority is a penetrating sealer.
2. If I use a penetrating sealer instead, will power washing the deck to get the dirt and pollen (from surrounding trees)off, ruin the sealer?
Any PSI in excess of approx. 1800psi may have an effect. Think of it in terms of a chemical wash instead of a mechanical one. Reduce the PSI and allow a good quality pH neutral cleaner do the bulk of the work.
3. Does using the premium vs Deluxe sealer make a difference wrt the question in #2?
The Premium simply as a result of the higher concentrate will have a slightly higher level of durability.