Application

• 1 Replies

Peter

Application
« on: November 30, 2015, 03:09:38 PM »
I have just bought some Sealer Deluxe Water Based for our new concrete paved patio area. We are mainly after stain/fluids resistance.
My question is regarding application. I will pressure clean the pavers and lightly acid wash them (I assume a weak hydrochloric acid is OK?) and rinse. But then I'd like to use a spray applicator for ease of use and speed of coverage. Form the pictures I assume you can use a hand pump up bottle, low air pressure spray - a bit like a weed sprayer - is that right? Any special needs like spray nozzle tips or things I need to know? Thanks.

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
Re: Application
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 07:20:29 PM »
Hi Peter,
>My question is regarding application. I will pressure clean the pavers and lightly acid wash them (I assume a weak hydrochloric acid is OK?) and rinse.
Acid etching is really only beneficial for coatings (film forming products) to ensure adhesion. For penetrating sealers an acid etch is not necessary and in fact can be considered an unnecessary contaminant.
>Form the pictures I assume you can use a hand pump up bottle, low air pressure spray - a bit like a weed sprayer - is that right?
yes this is correct. If it were a solvent purchased there would be additional requirements but for water based applications most weed sprayers are suitable.
>Any special needs like spray nozzle tips or things I need to know?
With nozzles be sure to use the fan tip and not the conical (if it comes with your sprayer) as the conical with a single pass is the equivalent of 2 with a fan tip.
Hope this helps.