Interior Sealer Choicr

• 1 Replies

Daniel

Interior Sealer Choicr
« on: October 29, 2016, 01:04:52 AM »
Hi,

We have just built a house and will have to save for some time to enable flooring to be installed. As we have young children we want to seal the concrete floor throughout to reduce likeness of staining, reduce dust and dirt while they sit and crawl on the floor. I'm not sure which type of sealer to use either film forming or penetration. My concerns would be

As it will be throughout the home I need something that doesn't Yellow.

Due to corridors etc there will be a reasonable amount of traffic and the product needs to be a be able to withstand this for approx 2 years.

I don't want it to be overly slippery (no more than non gloss tiles) when wet - do I need grit added? The kids will be crawling so I don't want it to be like sandpaper on them either.

As it will be inside I can't have a strong smell once dry or if the house gets hot

If there is a suitable product I am very interested in determining what that is. Would that same product be OK to seal the garage floor or would you recommend a different product for that?

Regards,

Dan

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
Re: Interior Sealer Choicr
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 08:15:48 AM »
Hi Daniel,
reduce dust and dirt while they sit and crawl on the floor. I'm not sure which type of sealer to use either film forming or penetration
Most film forming sealers when applied to a clean surface will act as binder for dusting. Straight penetrating sealers will not have an effect being sub-surface.
As it will be throughout the home I need something that doesn't Yellow.
All of our single pack products are UV stable and therefore non-yellowing
The kids will be crawling so I don't want it to be like sandpaper on them either.
Sealers are designed to go on quite thin. If requiring extra build you would need to move to a product like our 100% Solids Epoxy.
As it will be inside I can't have a strong smell once dry or if the house gets hot
You could try a product like Film Forming Sealer WB in the single pack or 100% Solids Epoxy in 2 Pack.
Would that same product be OK to seal the garage floor or would you recommend a different product for that?
Best to have a look at our Garage Floor Coating section on our website as ultimately product will be determined if requiring chemical resistance. In a nutshell..most coatings can be applied to most surfaces though resistance/durability/lifespan etc will differ greatly.