• 34 Replies

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
Concrete Sealer Discusion
« on: June 19, 2012, 11:55:45 AM »
Please feel free to discuss anything related to concrete sealer protection.

Brent

Re: Concrete Sealer Discusion
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 04:06:23 PM »
Hi, can your water base sealer be used to seal spray paving. I am currently using solvent base sealers which is having an effect on me so I'm looking for something else.

Please can you help

Peter

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
Hi Brent,
CSW water based sealers can be used on any decorative concrete surface including spray paving, stenciling etc!

TomD

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 04:10:40 PM »
Hi I am thinking of sealing my new Honed concrete pavers with Penetrating Concrete Sealer. Can anyone tell me if this product will enhance the colour of the pavers. I need a penetrating sealer but I also want to bring out the colour.
Regards Tom

Wes

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 10:38:55 AM »
How long does the film forming concrete sealer need to cure before I can drive my car over it?

Thanks.

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 10:43:32 AM »
Hi Wes,
For vehicle traffic at least 3 - 4 days. If tacky after 4 days please withhold from any heavy traffic.

Wes Tan

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 11:05:50 AM »
And what happens if it rains during that 3-4 days?

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 10:12:29 AM »
Depends at what curing stage the sealer is in.
eg: if still in initial curing stage surface can turn white if exposed to moisture.
Best if rain is forecasted within 24-48 hrs to avoid sealing.

vinnie barbarino

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 09:59:36 AM »
Hi guys, i am probably going to buy some of your water based film forming sealer for our indoor concrete floors as well as the water based wax (i think) although can't find it anymore on your website. What is the best way to clean your film forming floors? Can you use a steam mop or mentholated spirits as well?

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 09:46:11 PM »
apologies for the delay,
>"What is the best way to clean your film forming floors? "
For floor preparation please see:
http://cswcoatings.com/sealer-preparation/
>"Can you use a steam mop or mentholated spirits as well?"
Probably best not to use mentholated spirits as any cleaning agent usually requires substantial rinsing. Since this application is internal we presume this is not practical?

Vinnie Barbarino

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 01:06:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
Is it alight to use a steam mop on the Water based sealer coated with polish?
A

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 11:51:40 AM »
Hi Vinnie,
that is certainly an interesting question and one which I do not have direct experience with.
I do think you will dull the polish mainly because of the presence of waxes which would become unstable in the presence of high heat.
This is certainly the outlook from a chemistry perspective anyway.
Hopefully if someone else could weigh in here with their own experience..we are all ears!!

Annika

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 07:04:49 PM »
Hi. I want to have concrete as the floor of my bathroom including as the base for a walk in shower. I know i need to put a water barrier underneath the self leveling concrete before i lay it. I would like to know if you recommend any products and specifically want to know what sealer to put on top of the concrete floor in the shower. Thanks, Annika

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 05:17:32 PM »
Hi Annika,
A very porous substrate in a very wet area such as a shower is a challenge. A topical sealer is ideal in one way, however if water does find it’s way underneath it cannot escape and will cause problems like whitening or delamination.
Your best option is to use 3 applications of our Penetration Sealer Premium SB. The active sealer in this product reacts very strongly with concrete and will provide a very serious barrier to water and of course body oils, fats and soap scum.
Also if applied according to directions, being a penetrating sealer your surfaces slip rate should not be altered.
It must be noted that many shampoos, body soaps and hand soaps are mildly acidic. In the course of a shower that should not be an issue for the sealer. However, if drips are left unattended for extended periods then staining may occur.

Steve

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 02:06:33 PM »
Hi. I bought 15 Litres of Penetrating Concrete Sealer Deluxe to seal a 60 sqm garage floor. The application didn't go as well as I hoped. I applied a coating using a 450mm roller and by the time I'd finished it had already dried. I immediately started the second coat but it would only bead on the surface. Would it be possible to effectively use the Film Forming Sealer over the penetrating sealer without lifting?