• 34 Replies

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
Re: Concrete Sealer Discusion
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2017, 10:54:28 AM »
if it's no longer tacky, can I stand on it to apply the second coat, without adversely effecting it?
Yes
Or is sunlight not an issue at all, with the application process?
Film Forming Concrete Sealer WB is both an internal an external sealer... during the curing process this in not an issue. Temperature is more a concern when it comes to applying any sealer so substrate temperature must be below 28 degrees and above 10 degrees.

CK

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 06:08:23 PM »
Thank you.

rob wildman

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2017, 11:09:40 AM »
Please feel free to discuss anything related to concrete sealer protection.
Hello,
From reading your school information, I will be chasing a water based penetrating sealer.  I apologise in advance if these questions are answered in earlier posts.

The concrete has had oxide added to it to make it charcoal in colour. We are wanting the darker colour of the wet concrete look but without the gloss/ semi-gloss finish.  I am sorry it is not clear from the descriptions, will the penetrating sealer provide a darker matt / satin finish once applied and dried?

Is there a time period between the pour of the driveway and sealant application?

There is a mention of temperature in one of the posts and moisture / rain following application - needs to be between approx  10 - 28 degrees Celsius.  It has shade on parts of it for most of the day so the slab will have variation in temperature across it.  Am I best to apply the first coat i the morning before the sun hits parts of it or afternoon after the sun has moved on; or will it make little difference at all?

Regards;

Rob

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2017, 02:25:53 PM »
Hi Rob,
I will be chasing a water based penetrating sealer.
will the penetrating sealer provide a darker matt / satin finish once applied and dried?
No, a water based penetrating sealer will cure almost invisible. Our solvent based penetrating sealers may darken the surface though is totally dependent on the chemical reaction that takes place. A product like our Sealer Enhancer:
https://cswcoatings.com.au/natural-stone-sealer-enhancer/
while still dependent on a chemical reaction (ie: how much your surface has to give) will ensure a greater level of success.
Is there a time period between the pour of the driveway and sealant application?
Industry standard is 28 days.
Am I best to apply the first coat i the morning before the sun hits parts of it or afternoon after the sun has moved on; or will it make little difference at all?
Penetrating sealers must be applied wet on wet. Directions tab on main website for relevant product should elaborate further on this.

Rob

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2017, 05:28:11 PM »
Hi Rob,
I will be chasing a water based penetrating sealer.
will the penetrating sealer provide a darker matt / satin finish once applied and dried?
No, a water based penetrating sealer will cure almost invisible. Our solvent based penetrating sealers may darken the surface though is totally dependent on the chemical reaction that takes place. A product like our Sealer Enhancer:
https://cswcoatings.com.au/natural-stone-sealer-enhancer/
while still dependent on a chemical reaction (ie: how much your surface has to give) will ensure a greater level of success.
Industry standard is 28 days.
Am I best to apply the first coat i the morning before the sun hits parts of it or afternoon after the sun has moved on; or will it make little difference at all?
Penetrating sealers must be applied wet on wet. Directions tab on main website for relevant product should elaborate further on this.

Thank you.  Raises more questions.
 Do you have sample pots /samples for trialling the effect of your products before committing? 
Is the stone enhancer suitable for driveway surfaces?  I note also that there are some other driveway solvent solutions such as the penetrating solvent driveway product.  Are these worthy of consideration in this instance?

Rob