• 7 Replies

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
Paving Sealer Discusion
« on: June 19, 2012, 12:00:28 PM »
Please feel free to discuss anything related to paving sealer protection.

Tom

Paving Sealer Discusion
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 12:23:25 PM »
Hi I am thinking of sealing my new Honed concrete pavers with Penetrating Concrete Sealer Deluxe can you tell me if this product will enhance the colour of the pavers. I need a penetrating sealer but I also want to bring out the colour.

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
Re: Paving Sealer Discusion
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:36:07 PM »
Hi Tom,
Penetrating Concrete Sealer Deluxe will not enhance as it presents an almost invisible "natural look" finish.
We would suggest our penetrating enhancer to darken and highlight existing surface.
http://concretesealerwarehouse.com.au/paving-sealer-enhancer/
As an option... if area is not a wet area you could also use a film forming sealer which presents a semi-gloss finish.
http://concretesealerwarehouse.com.au/film-forming-concrete-sealer/

Frank

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 04:04:29 PM »
Hi, with your film forming paving sealer is it ok to apply the second coat a few hours after the first coat as long as there is minimum of 1 hour?

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 12:34:49 PM »
Yes this is fine for waterbased products, solvents might require even longer.

Andrew

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 08:40:09 PM »
Hi guys is it a good idea to add extra grip to  penetrating paver sealer , I am not sure seeing the sealant penetrates into the brick. Will that leave the extra grip loose on top of the brick surface. It is a very steep driveway i am doing for a client.
Thanks
Andrew

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 06:35:29 AM »
Hi Andrew,
Hi guys is it a good idea to add extra grip to  penetrating paver sealer , I am not sure seeing the sealant penetrates into the brick. Will that leave the extra grip loose on top of the brick surface. It is a very steep driveway i am doing for a client.
Not necessary at all. As a penetrating sealer is sub-surface there is no film build to contain the extra grip. With a penetrating sealer the surface coefficient of friction (resistance) should be very similar post seal as it was pre-seal. If client wishes to increase this resistance then we need to look at one of our coatings with the addition of extra grip.

Andrew

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 08:55:58 PM »
Thank you for that