Wet Look Concrete Sealer

• 6 Replies

Dave Lons

Wet Look Concrete Sealer
« on: November 15, 2012, 10:34:19 AM »
I want to give about 500 sq metres of stencil the "wet look". Can anyone suggest anything?

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
Re: Wet Look Concrete Sealer
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 08:27:29 AM »
Hi Dave,
If after a real deep and rich wet look we would suggest sticking to a solvent. Water based products do come close with a semi-gloss finish though solvents are still slightly ahead in the "wet look" game. We off course supply both water and solvent based products.

KingTutt

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 06:10:13 PM »
Me too, after a concrete sealer to do a patio, I would prefer one with a hi gloss finish as you see in most commercial stores with polished concrete floors.
Which would you recommend.

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 06:21:15 PM »
Hi KingTutt,
The protective coatings you normally see within commercial/warehouse stores are epoxy sealers and only some are applicable to external environments due to yellowing. If wishing to head down this path we would suggest the urethane based epoxy kit. Now besides coatings, quite a few stores/warehouses utilize a penetrating hardener known as a densifier. If just wishing for an extremely durable gloss wet look finish then you still can't go past a solvent! We appropriately name ours SB for solvent based!

Tim

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 12:58:28 PM »
Hi Tex, we are looking at sealing the verandah on our home. It goes around the perimeter of the house & has in the past become heavily coated with moss etc. There is some surface cracking in the concrete as the house has been built approximately 30 years ago. We would like to seal the surface & coat it with a color that will cover the cracking. Will your epoxy coatings do this & for how long. If the epoxy coatings need re coating after a period of time how is that carried out. Best Regards Tim

Tex Rowe

• CSW Coatings Moderator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CSW Coatings
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 02:43:34 PM »
Hi Tim,
We would like to seal the surface & coat it with a color that will cover the cracking. Will your epoxy coatings do this & for how long
It is important to note that coatings are designed to go on quite thin and as such are not designed to fill cracks.  There might be some success with hairline cracks but other than this we supply a crack filler for such purposes. Also since mentioning application is for a verandah, its also important to mention that the bulk of epoxies are not UV stable except for a 2 Pack Urethane if the budget allows.
https://cswcoatings.com.au/diy-epoxy-flooring-kit-urethane/
For residential pigmented applications most applicators simply opt for our Concrete Paint Sealer
https://cswcoatings.com.au/concrete-paint-coloured-sealer/
being a high solids solvent based solution most find this more than sufficient.
To re-coat in the future we simply specify surface to be dust, dirt, contaminant free and one can simply go straight over existing coating.

joe

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 08:17:07 PM »
Hi ,
I am considering either your 2 pack PU or one of the epoxies for my internal garage floor . I have grinded it smooth and after washing it down and liking the wet look I have decided I would like either a semi or high gloss finish that maintains the natural grey colour of the concrete when its wet. I notice some clear sealers around make the  concrete more brown than grey.
So my question is , will the epoxy achieve a true natural grey look and also adhere well to the bare concrete or is the PU better for an real wet colour result and adhesion. The garage sees almost no UV except when the roller door is open .